Wednesday, September 17, 2008

new.

1. College is hard. This week I have spent a lot of my free time studying or doing work either in my room or in the library. I think I knew that it would be this hard but it was definitely new to me. 
2. A grilled cheese maker is new to me in general. We have one and it is fantastic for making any kind of sandwich, including the grilled peanut butter and jelly I am eating now.
3. Extreme time management. I have had to pre plan each one of my days down to the tee of what I have to do. That includes anything from classes I have to attend to when I need to vacuum my room. 
4. The library. I have seldom gone to the library before just to study but these last couple of times I have gone I have really loved it. In my room I get distracted so easily but in the library with my headphones in I can complete tune in to my work.
5. Paying for everything. I am new to college so having to provide for myself and grocery shop is a given but here all of the extra expenses there are I had not bargained for. Like shopping bags, shopping carts, printing things, all of my many school supplies, any club you are in and even when you have already paid for the club and you have already gone you find all of these extra little expenses that you had never heard about.
6. Rude people. In Georgia I would say that everyone is pretty nice but here there is a distinct difference. At home if you are at a restaurant the guy delivering your pizza or the lady serving your food i extremely nice and on most occasions to good care of you, probably only so they can get a good tip, but still it makes for a more pleasant experience. Here those people are rude and short, they don't have time for you, and having to serve you as an inconvenience for them. Which is expected I suppose so you do not tip here at all. It almost makes me think spending the extra few dollars on a tip is worth it.
7. No one really there. I have lots of friends here and I am loving this new experience but when I need someone for a more intimate and personal level talking to them on the computer or phone just doesn't cut it. Lately I have found myself missing home a lot. It isn't too bad but sometimes you just need a hug or someone to just sit close and listen, someone who knows you. And unlike regular college I cannot just go home for the weekend and really experience this. So me missing my family and all of the laughter and love that goes along with it is new to me for sure.
8. Finally what is new to me is my hair. On Sunday afternoon my friends and I were bored and I needed something new to lift my spirits, red hair seemed to be the answer. We went to the store and bought some semi-permanent auburn hair dye and a couple hours later I was officially auburn. The color is a fun, new, not too crazy, and very pretty. It a lot different than what I am used to but what isn't these days. Luckily tho in a few weeks the color will fade and then I can decide what I would like to do next. I am starting to enjoy this auburn look though. Maybe if it was done the right way and not as dark it might be something I could live with. Which the picture is not meant to look emo, it was just taken very late at night for Morgan to see.

4 comments:

Terra said...

I love the new hair color. It is always fun to try out different colors (when you know it is only temporary!) I am thinking I might go with something with more red in it next time I see Carol Leigh. And maybe shorter. But I haven't completely decided. Miss you and love ya!

Pam Spell said...

I actually like your hair. I am missing you also babe. The house is sooooooo quiet without you here.

Corie said...

I like the hair too! Yep, you're an adult now. The unfortunate thing about high school is it doesn't prepare you in any way for the real world, you're in an artificial environment with everything already decided and scheduled for you, all you have to do is show up! I know you'll do great though. I'll be praying that God sends you a close friend you can really connect with. Enjoy yourself!

The Raffray Family said...

i love the hair...but...stop smiling like that you look like you have had lip injections...i miss you .....talk to you soon