Thursday, September 11, 2008

missing you.

This week we started school, so keeping myself busy has not been a problem. But in the mist of all my schedule changing, cleaning and schooling I have found myself missing everyone very much. This time of year has always been my favorite. First you have Halloween, then thanksgiving, and then of course Christmas. There is so much family and getting together and just happiness this time of year. So I am very sad that I have to miss most of it. 
Another bummer is that I am getting sick. I think it is just a cold but every morning it has gotten worse. I have had a stuffy nose, my throat hurts, I feel congested, definitely the signs of a cold but still no fun. Tonight I might take some Irish Theraful and go to bed really early, especially since Friday is my busy day.
Yesterday we signed up for clubs in the Arena. I was able to sign up for three even though I wanted to sign up for a million. I am part of the outdoor pursuits club, which gives me free access to the climbing wall and we do a lot of climbing, caving, and hiking all around Ireland so I am very excited about that. Second I joined the volleyball club which I hoping to be able to do the more advanced group. With the volleyball club they have tournaments all the time and the BIG tournament at the end of the semester is actually being held in Limerick so that will be exciting. Also I signed up for the Christian Union, hoping to find some more people to really connect with here in Ireland. Speaking of that I met a guy yesterday. Just as friends of course but he seemed like a really great person. He was collecting money so that him and a group of guys could go to South Africa and build houses. We started talking and got on the subject of doing mission work and I just thought it was really cool to meet someone like that. But the weirdest part of all was how much he looked like Jackson. Ha when i went to go meet my friends they were all like doesn't your Jackson-friend look just like that? It was quite funny. But there have been a few people that  have seen here. Like the other day I was walking and I could have sworn I saw Brent Pentenburg. ha 
 

1 comment:

The Raffray Family said...

Katie, we are home and Sophia is great. We miss you so much. I forgot you were not here and when we came home I was so excited to show you Sophie. Brad reminded me you were gone and I cried. It sounds like you are having fun....dad seems like he miss's you. he got tears in his eyes last night when we were talking about you. email me. Erin