Thursday, October 16, 2008

galway.

This week we had two open days at school, so my friends and I decided to travel to Galway for the night. If you haven't heard of it, it is where Ps. I Love You took place:). But since we only had one night we really didn't get to see anything outside of the city. So most Likely I will be taking another trip there sometime this semester.

We started out our trip at 9:30 and it was pouring rain! This should have been expected considering we are in Ireland but we were hoping that because we had to walk all the way to the bus station we might get lucky. We didn't get lucky at all.


Here is a very tired Kirby and I on the bus. We slept the entire 2 hour drive. Which kinda helped the bags under our eyes.


Galway!



Inside the museum their was a free photo booth and they posted your pictures on a wall. No one else got the memo about making a funny face except me. I thought that was customary for a photo booth.



They had some very interesting art and history here.



One of my favorite things about art is that anything can be considered art.



One thing Galway is known for is all of the different colored houses. 


One brave swan that seemed to like me a lot!



I started to feed the birds and it started to get pretty scary. This picture doesn't even begin to truly represent all the birds chasing after me including a huge swan!




Even after I was out of food the swan kept following me around.


A real bird lady.



Tara and Kirby:)


Me. And I was informed after taking this picture by my friends Tara that I do not know how to smile. So, Erin was right after all... great. 


Truly beautiful.



All of us girls went out that night. We wanted to go to a real pub with the good original irish music. So we went to a place called King's Head. Well All the music the band played ended up being American music.... of course ha. 


Once again no one got the memo.




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love it....and fyi...swam bites HURT!!! I'm still jealous!

The Raffray Family said...

You look like you are having a great time!!!!we miss you. Erin