Sunday, October 5, 2008

choices.

Lately, I have been thinking about how much easier life would be if my decisions could be made for me. Who to hang out with, what to do for a living, where to live when I grow up. It all seems to be sitting here waiting for my answer so I can start making something of myself but I don't know what to choose. Everyone keeps telling me that I have plenty of time to choose and maybe I do but I would rather just know and not have to second guess myself all the time on whether or not I am making the right decision.
So to follow up on that and my last post concerning my major, I have changed it again. Back to english or journalism for me I guess. I really started weighing my options on what I should do and this is what I have found. Being a doctor or a nurse would be great. I love taking care of people and helping people and I really think I would be good at it. But my dad has always said that when I didn't know if I should do something or not, I should do what I am passionate about. And to know what I am passionate about it is what I think about all the time, when I am eating, sleeping, whatever. Something like that. Well I am alone a lot here, and when I am the thing I constantly do is make up stories in my head. I think up some part of some story, usually having to do with I am doing at the time, and a lot of times I come home and write it down. If that is what I am doing and it is what I am always thinking about then maybe that is what I should do. Maybe the decision was made for me after all. I can want to be a doctor or nurse and I would probably be a great one. But I would never do anything as well as I would if I was a writer. Because in the end I really believe that I am a writer through and through. I didn't choose this, it is just what I am. 
So I guess in the end decisions are made for you in a way. You just have to be patient and willing to hear what God is telling you to do. 

No comments: